Roger That is looking for an experienced Brand/Web/UX Designer to join our fully remote team in delighting clients with distinctive brands and websites. As the lead designer on projects, you will be responsible for the design deliverables from conception to delivery, making sure our clients are heard and understood during the design process.
Though this position will start part-time, we fully anticipate it will grow into a full-time position this year.
A few things to know about us before you apply:
- We prioritize quality over quantity, flexibility over rigidness, and people over profit (though we do love to be profitable!)
- We work fast and with zero ambiguity. You'll always know what's expected of you, when it's due, and what successful completion looks like. There's enough chaos in the world, so we choose to create with clarity.
- We also choose to work with great clients who are as committed to our success as we are to theirs. We have fun together and produce work that everyone involved can be proud of.
Sound like your kind of people? Read on, include a link to your portfolio in your cover letter, and let's talk! (Note: Applications that are missing a cover letter and/or a portfolio won't be considered.)
- Experience delivering client-ready work
- A strong portfolio in both brand (brand identities, logos, collateral) and website design with a specific focus on WordPress or similar content management systems
- Understanding of UI/UX principles
- Expertise in modern design and layout programs (Figma, Adobe CC: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign; InVision, Google Docs + Slides; Canva)
You are an ideal candidate if you:
- Are curious and inquisitive, with a collaborative spirit
- Understand the impact of your work in the context of clients’ business goals
- Are extremely detail and process-oriented
- Able to easily take input, feedback, and criticism, even when you don’t agree with it
- Want to work in an inclusive environment to grow and be challenged
- Exhibit strong emotional intelligence and the ability to play nice with others
- Are extremely detail-oriented
- Possess excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Have excellent time management skills
- Have a strong worth ethic, responsibility, and accountability
Not required but definitely a plus:
- Agency experience with cross-functional, team-based work
- Familiarity with content management systems and HTML/CSS
- Demonstrate proficiency using business lingo and talking about marketing tactics
- Bachelor's degree or higher (or relevant experience)
- $30 to $41/hour plus benefits. The full-time salary will be $62,400 to $85,280 depending on experience. You can see our benefits here.
- 20-30 hours a week, depending on production schedule
- Remote from Oregon, Arkansas, or Georgia preferred though if you are who we've been searching for, we want to hear from you!
- Start as soon as hired
- Attend client kick-off and design review meetings
- Review client discovery materials
- Design concepts within a strategy or brand
- Work with the project team to craft and deliver a visual concept through final production.
- Design logos, brand systems, websites, print collateral, presentations, campaigns, social posts, and other media.
- Design type layouts and systems for digital and print applications, using advanced typography skills.
- Present work to our creative team, bringing a strong design point of view.
- Present work to clients.
- See projects through to completion.
Throughout the Project
- Work within our established process, using our team collaboration tools (Drive, Slack, Basecamp…)
- Complete work fully and on time, from conception to delivery
- Maintain brand consistency throughout all projects
- Liaise with external marketing and design teams, as needed
We offer a big agency experience with small agency love and care. From distinctive logos and brand identities to marketing materials and powerful, high-performance websites, our talented and nimble team makes the process easier, smarter, faster, and downright enjoyable for our clients.
As a team, we look holistically at our clients’ businesses to understand their business, sales, and marketing challenges - and how we can help them stand out, attract customers, and grow.
From startups to multigenerational family businesses, we love working with people who are in the business of doing good - whether it’s good food or good causes or good solutions to important problems. We love what we do and want our clients to be delighted with our full-on focus, spirited support, and the beautiful branding and websites we create just for them.
We welcome diverse perspectives, ideas, and candidates. We are committed to equity and diversity. This is an equal employment opportunity open to applicants within the United States.